Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: Can't get crop to work

Jeffrey Hammel jhammel at EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Aug 12 16:54:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

Since reading this mailing list, I have seen much flaming:  some amusing,
some outright idiotic, but always off-topic.  Perhaps there should be
another mailing list:  mplayer-flagrant-opinions?  And any post with the
words "asshole" "flame" "fuck" etc. should automatically be directed
there.  Or to /dev/null.  Or maybe mplayer-users-versus-developers?  Or
perhaps all these messages should be stored as a giant .bz2 file that is
uncompressed and sent to any new flamers?
Anyway, I have many opinions on the subject of linux software development
(many already posted, OT). But if you're like me, you're probably tired of
scrolling through 100s of lines to find posts about mplayer/mencoder.
Oh wait!  This message belongs on the opinion list!  Anyway, if developers
are tired of this as well, I encourage them to do whatever they wish to
eliminate such dead weight.  On the other hand, if Arpi likes using
flaming users for stress relief, who am I to stop him?

Jeff
...too many indians, not enough chiefs...