[MPlayer-users] mga_vid i/o error

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Apr 29 07:13:01 CEST 2002

On 29 Apr 2002 00:00:21 +0200
Sylvain OBEGI <katios at nolabel.net> wrote:

> Err, how much manuals do you want me to read?
> Tomorrow, i'll buy Amazon, then I'll read all their books, that will
> take me about 2 or 3 lives.. (then i'll need to buy a new pc to install
> linux 23.2 and mplayer 85) :)
> Sorry for being so stupid, but i still think that adding a simple line
> about this on the manual, since it's really a step-by-step one (read :
> you should not have to think about what you're doing) would be a good
> thing. If i'm alone, i'll shut up. No, anyway, i'll shut up about this,
> but please don't tell me to read another manual :).

Look, you are using a unix clone and with unix you should have basic
knowledge of what you are doing. It isnt like Windows where you have
a nice point and click interface that hides all the technical stuff
but leads to a lot of misconfiguration.
I didnt say that you have to read all the devfs docu, just read
the basic rules about it (like creating files by hand is a no-no)

			Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.