[MPlayer-users] why this gui??????

gabor farkas gabor at realtime.sk
Fri Apr 26 14:21:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, 2002-04-26 at 07:06, Cedric Bellegarde wrote:
> I don't understand the guy who make the gui,it is a lot of work.Why not
> making a plugin for xmms,the plugin API is so simple and it will be able
> to use all vo options(no??).I would like to make it,but I don't
> understand mplayer API :) I'm student it is too hard for me to hack
> mplayer to make it able to work with xmms.
>
> Sorry for my english.
> Thanks you for the best player in the world(that is able to play wmv
> files that WindowsMplayer can't play(Microsoft powa))
> I have always problems with input.conf(so i use 0.6) and where can i
what problems?
> found the cvs of libavcodec?
you should read the documentation :-)
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs.html#2.2.1.2:
"
If you use an MPlayer release you have libavcodec right in the package,
just build as usual. If you use MPlayer from CVS you have to extract
libavcodec from the FFmpeg CVS tree as FFmpeg 0.4.5 does not work with
MPlayer. In order to achieve this do:

1. cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg
login

2. cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg
co ffmpeg

3. Move the libavcodec directory from the FFmpeg sources to the root of
the MPlayer CVS tree. It should look like this:

   main/libavcodec

   Symlinking is not enough, you have to copy/move it!!!
4. Compile. Configure should detect problems before compilation.
"

bye,
gabor