[MPlayer-users] RPM Spec File: Here is

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Apr 23 01:13:02 CEST 2002

On Monday, 22 April 2002, Brian Healy wrote:
> Here it is,
[snip]
> I hope you use it and find it useful..

No offense, Brian, but I think this one is oversimplified.
OK, since nobody volunteered, I could be the RPM maintainer.
I've been building mplayer RPMs since last summer, for myself
only of course. I also apply some patches to make building
easier and to fix some compiler warnings (I posted them here
but no-one responded).

My package comes with fonts and with skin and a .desktop entry for GNOME
menu, if built with GUI. GUI building is conditional, i.e. you can do
rpm --rebuild --with gui mplayer-version.src.rpm to get the GUI version.
I have a fully updated RH7.2 system at present and I'm building mplayer
using gcc-3.0.4.

My references: mutt RPM team member <http://mutt.linuxatwork.at>,
RPM maintainer of mpg321 <http://mpg321.sourceforge.net/>,
mad <http://www.mars.org/home/rob/proj/mpeg/>
and xmp <http://xmp.sourceforge.net>.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>