[MPlayer-users] Strange artifacts

Frederick Grim feg208 at CIMS.nyu.edu
Tue Apr 23 01:23:01 CEST 2002

Howdy,

  I have the following problem.  When ever I play a dvd I get little green
  speckles in the image.  I am not sure what is causing the problem but I have my suspicions.

  the options i run mplayer with are
  mplayer -vo xv -ao sdl -pp 0x20000 -dvd 1 -sid 1

  I have yesterdays cvs version but I have had the problem in all versions
  since early march.

  Specs:
  XFree86 4.2 (dri working accel, all that)
  ATI Rage Fury Pro
  kernel 2.4.18-ac3
  (frambuffer support enabled in kernel)

  Any idears?
  Thanks

                       Fred

--
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it,
misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.