[MPlayer-users] Error about GUI compilation

Brad Kalbaugh bmk1st at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 17 05:45:02 CEST 2002

I got this error message:

Error: PNG support required for GUI Compilation

And I tried to install/reinstall all png packages, including gtk. I don't
know what's wrong with it. I think I might miss some packages.

Please tell me what I should do. Thanks.

--Brad

System Information

    * Your Linux distribution or operating system e.g.:
          * Red Hat 7.1
          * Slackware 7.0 + devel packs from 7.1 ...
    * kernel version:
      uname -a
    * libc version:
      ls -l /lib/libc[.-]*
    * X version:
      X -version
    * gcc and ld versions:
      gcc -v
      ld -v
    * binutils version:
      as --version

Hardware & drivers

    * CPU info (this works on Linux only):
      cat /proc/cpuinfo
    * Video card manufacturer and model, e.g.:
          * ASUS V3800U chip: nVidia TNT2 Ultra pro 32MB SDRAM
          * Matrox G400 DH 32MB SGRAM
    * Video driver type & version, e.g.:
          * X built-in driver
          * nVidia 0.9.623
          * Utah-GLX CVS 2001-02-17
          * DRI from X 4.0.3
    * Sound card type & driver, e.g.:
          * Creative SBLive! Gold with OSS driver from oss.creative.com
          * Creative SB16 with kernel OSS drivers
          * GUS PnP with ALSA OSS emulation
    * if in doubt include lspci -vv output on Linux systems

For compilation problems/errors