[MPlayer-users] She Working but ...

mpierce mpierce at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 17 05:25:02 CEST 2002

Mplayer will not work using the the command mplayer and trying to run
from the gui as this is using 'xv' but it will work from the command
line with either:
	(g)mplayer -ao oss:/dev/dsp1 -vo x11 or
	(g)mplayer -ao oss://dev/dsp1 -vo x11 dvd://1

Problem I have is that I need to be able to adjust brightness,
contrast, etc. I need mplayer to use xv like Xine is doing as I can
adjust these feature but mplayer will not work if I substitute -vo xv
as it gives me this error message:

Couldn't find free Xvideo port - maybe other applications keep it
open. Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device!

Is there a work around as I have a Nvidia TNT2 Pro card installed (I
know docs say you don't like Nvidia)? Mplayer installed with the
following:

  Enabled optional drivers:
  Input: network tv dvdread dvdcss vcd
  Codecs: libavcodec xanim directshow win32
  Audio output: oss
  Video output: xvidix vesa png mpegpes(file) fbdev aa opengl dga xv
x11
  Disabled optional drivers:
  Input: tv-v4l tv-bsdbt848 dvdnav
  Codecs: opendivx
  Audio output: sgi sun alsa nas sdl
  Video output: zr dxr3 sdl svga ggi xmga mga directfb tdfxfb 3dfx