[MPlayer-users] Bug in libmpeg2?

Sten Eriksson sten at uppsala.se
Sat Apr 13 19:43:02 CEST 2002

When playing certain DVD's the image is all jumpy, like on a
movie-theater when the film is out-of-sync.

Most DVD's play A-OK and i can even use mencoder to produce DivX. But
when I use mencoder on the "jumpy" DVD's its just refuses to produce any
valid video-output all I get is audio and alot of "skip frame!!!"
warnings from mencoder.

The same DVD plays allright in ogle, which makes me think that the
mpeg2-decoder in mplayer is to blame.

I have made extensive searches and reading on the mplayer mailinglists,
I have found some "similar" problems but no solutions.

I have uploaded a tar-archive to
<ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/sten_at_uppsala-20020413.tar>
containing the following files:
  mencoder.log               - Output from mencoder -v
  mplayer.log                - Output from mplayer -v
  smallfile                  - first 15mb of DVD .vob-file
  system_and_hardware.txt    - System & hardware spec
  test.avi                   - Avi-file produced by mencoder
--
    ----
  / Sten Eriksson                 | Mail: Sten at Uppsala.SE