[Mplayer-users] displaying frame number on the console

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Sep 27 16:04:10 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > I have a feature request: would it be possible to display the frame number
> > > (and total frames) on the console? the on screen display gets in the way
> > > for me, and it's not very accurate.
> > >
> > since when doees the OSD show the current and total frame?
> >
> > For me only console shows current frame as 5/6th value in the status line.
> >
> > Or do you mean the timer?
>
> ah, I don't mean to say that the osd show the current and total frame,
> only that the only way you can tell how far you are into a movie is
> from the osd bar (the thing like [|||||    ]). this gets in the way of
> the film for me but I would still like the information available; so
> could it be displayed on the console while the movie is playing?

Every user wants to see different things at different places.
Feel you free to edit mplayer.c, it's opensource!

maybe some customizable display format (for both osd and statusline) could
solve this dilemma.

Or use the gui, it also shows the progress bar.

And displaying number of total frames is possible only for AVI files.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu