[Mplayer-users] There isn't...

Max Hofer max at sbox.tugraz.at
Tue Sep 25 10:27:04 CEST 2001

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 03:44, Apopatos wrote:
>  If I try to install it from rpm package,I have the depedency-libtinfo.so.5
> is required.I looked for in rpmfind.net and I musted to download n-curses.I
> installed n-curses but the depedency still exists.
I don't think it is a good idea installing mplayer from rpms (thought i never
have seen a rpm for mplayer). anyway, i would not trust a precompiled version
- i'm sure you would run in trouble.

>  If I try to install it from tar I can not to run Mplayer.
well, this is a really short description where you problem ;) i'm sure you
will get some RTFM replies.

>  I tried MPlayer0.1-0.17-0.18 etc and I've got the same problems.
ok. 1st of all. get the newest tar-ball, untar, go in the DOC section and try
to follow the installation instructions. since the new help-doc is out, it is
really simple. and be sure you read the WHOLE manual before you ask for help
again.

some advice in advance: don't use gcc 3.0.whatever, don't use gcc 2.96. use
the newest Xserver.

mfg Max