[Mplayer-users] Mplayer stops playing a DVD about 20 minutes into it

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Sep 22 13:19:00 CEST 2001

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 12:15:24PM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> I have no encrypted dvd disk at the moment, so i can't check it,
> but from your log it seems to be a libdvdread bug/problem :(

Yes, the only DVD I had was borrowed to Arpi by me :) but now I need it too :)
Please feel free to support us with encrypted disks :)

> > It appears to be reading the encryption keys of all 11 .vob files.  Funny
> > thing is that when i try to open an indivdual .vob file it is garbled and it
> > says:
> >
> > Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file DOCS/DVD
> Yes, libdvdread support disables VOB _file_ decryption. Disable libdvdread
> support (and enable libcss) to get VIB files play, but then no dvd disk
> reading (with IFO parsing).

Yes. There was some DVD support written by me, which was basically a file
playing ability for encrypted VOB files. It used libcss. The libdvdread thing
is totally differ from the old solution: it parses IFO file and addresses sectors
instead of individual VOB files. However you CAN'T compile in both of libcss
VOB file and libdvdread "full disk" playing abilities since otherwise they
would conflict with eachother. Maybe some solution should be found to play
VOB files as well WITH libdvdread and then there will be no point to keep
the old DVD support in the source (and we can forget fibmap_mplayer too :)
I hope I will have got some spare time next week to find a solution for this
problem ...

- Gabor

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!