[Mplayer-users] AVIs are playing WAY too fast!!

Henrik Anmarkrud henrik.anmarkrud at chello.no
Sat Sep 22 16:38:48 CEST 2001

i have my mplayer working pretty much the way it's supposed to, compiled
with divx4linux support.

i am able to play mpgs without problems, but avi's are playing way too fast!
both when compiling with and without divx4linux support, i still have
the same problem.

i've tried launching mplayer with:

mplayer -vo x11 -vc divx4 filename.avi
mplayer -vo x11 -bps -vc divx4 filename.avi
mplayer -vo x11 -nobps -vc divx4 filename.avi

it says something about my computer being too slow, but that's gotta be
bull.  it plays perfectly in windows.  i am running rh7.1 on a pentium
600mhz.

thank you