[Mplayer-users] Scaling to full screen, on mach64 chipset

Alex Perry alex.perry at qm.com
Fri Sep 21 02:03:48 CEST 2001

On a Debian mach64-based notebook, running X 3.3.6 in order
to use Utah-GLX to get 3D acceleration for other purposes,
I would like to play four AVI files at a presentation at
usenix in a month or so.  The current version of mplayer
builds and runs fine, but is restricted to the small window.

What is the simplest change I can make to get full-screen ?
Instead of getting one of the other video outputs working,
is the simplest solution to resample them into new files ?

The file uses [cvid] for an original 352x240 at 10 framesize.
Currently, the vo is X11/shm onto 1024x768x16 and 16bpp.
The xv is not present, svgalib not installed, and sdl
is not standard with debian/potato.  I can upgrade if
the mplayer/sdl support is known to work under "testing".

Thanks for any help ...