[Mplayer-users] Scaling to full screen, on mach64 chipset

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Sep 21 02:35:56 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On a Debian mach64-based notebook, running X 3.3.6 in order
> to use Utah-GLX to get 3D acceleration for other purposes,
> I would like to play four AVI files at a presentation at
> usenix in a month or so.  The current version of mplayer
> builds and runs fine, but is restricted to the small window.
>
> What is the simplest change I can make to get full-screen ?
> Instead of getting one of the other video outputs working,
> is the simplest solution to resample them into new files ?
>
> The file uses [cvid] for an original 352x240 at 10 framesize.
> Currently, the vo is X11/shm onto 1024x768x16 and 16bpp.
> The xv is not present, svgalib not installed, and sdl
> is not standard with debian/potato.  I can upgrade if
> the mplayer/sdl support is known to work under "testing".

I suggest using Xv driver, as it gives the best quality and speed.
But it requires X 4.x, and the GATOS drivers. You may give up your
debian version stuff to get them...

If your cpu is fast enough, then you can try SDL with software
scaling... but it is really slow!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu