[Mplayer-users] [Mplayer-users]Re:Re:MPlayer interupted by signal 11

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Wed Sep 19 16:19:50 CEST 2001

Hi,

> - can you reproduce it with -vo null ?
YES
> - can you reproduce without having font files installed (so no sub+osd)
When it's enough to delete the font dir in .mplayer . YES
> - can you reproduce it with -nosound ?
YES
> unfortunately it isn't trivial what cause this bug. i think it's
> stack corruption or so, and i must have the same config as you,
What config ? Compilation or options ?
> and also your test file. can you upload it?
Sorry I can't .With my 56K connection this would take too much time and
money.
But it's not a file specific problem. I think you can also use a simple
divx3.11 encoded file without audio.
I tested the following things ( Error stands for MPlayer interrupted by
signal 11) :
without audio:
DivX 3.11
mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 2   => Error
mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 4   => OK
Intel Indeo 5.0.1
mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 2   => Error
mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 4   => Error
huffyuf
mplayer -vo null -nosound -vfm 2  => Error
with audio:
Divx 3.11 and divx audio
mplayer -vo null -vc null    => Error (This time in: init_audio_codec)

If I disable dvd support all things work well.
S.Sommer