[Mplayer-users] Crusoe & CT 69000 video chip with XVideo

Petri J. Riipinen petri.riipinen at nic.fi
Fri Sep 7 21:37:06 CEST 2001

Hi Arpi & folks,

>are you root? maybe driver requires it.

Yep, I am root.

Now I tried a 352x288 MPEG1 video with mplayer and it works just fine, so
at least something *can* be played with -vo xv and the XVideo on C&T works,
at least with a small screen.

Well, one guy suggested: "Not enough video memory to get the YUV buffer(s)?"

So, as the smaller sized MPEG1 works, maybe this is the actual reason.
There is 2 megs videoram on C&T 69000, maybe this is not enough to decode
the MPEG2 stream in full size?

I also tried -x and -y scaling for the DVD (assuming that lesser amount of
YUV buffer(s) would be then requested from X by mplayer) but that didn't
help either, the same bad alloc-error occurs also then. Do the -x and -y
options on mplayer have any real effect on the size of the YUV buffers or
whatever?

Anyway, I'm starting to run out of st(r)eam... Maybe I just have to accept
that C&T 69000 with 2M + Crusoe 400MHz just doesn't cut it for a  smooth
DVD playing.

Well, have to start looking for hardware solutions then... Damn, mplayer
would have been perfect...:[

- Pete
   Petri J. Riipinen
petri.riipinen at nic.fi