[Mplayer-users] DGA trouble

Tomek Jarzynka tomee at cpi.pl
Sat Sep 1 20:37:02 CEST 2001

Ok. First one: I am _not_ a lameass ;]
I got divx to play smoothly on VESAfb on p266 and a NeoMagic 128XD (NM2160)
2MB card. SDL is choppy, XV is not available, X11 won't support scaling and
chops too. Since VESAFB works, DGA would too (X4.1.0, neomagic.o). I run
mplayer as root, it doesn't complain about anything really, then becomes
blank screen, audio is played, but not video. No complains on XFree console
either.

Don't ya people have a clue why there's a blank screen instead
of video? ;] DGA module is, of course, loaded, and it is said to be supported
by the video driver (Is that wrong?).

So, if you helped me, that'd make a smooth divx playback on a poor gfx card
and a poor processor. Worth a shot, isn't it? ;>

PS. Why not vesafb? Vesafb won't allow runtime-scaling, and watching a movie
natural-sized in 1024x768 is not a good idea. Other res is unacceptable, since
it's a LCD.

Ok. Thanks in advance.
--
Tomasz Jarzynka, tomee@{slackware|cpi}.pl 0601706601

"Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX."