[MPlayer-Users] ffmpeg/libavcodec

André Dahlqvist andre.dahlqvist at telia.com
Thu Oct 25 00:27:59 CEST 2001

Draky Void <draky at iate.obninsk.ru> wrote:

> I think it would be better to set a filter on mailman to avoid stupid
> messages with gcc2.96 in body. Or just to keep ignoring these messages. If
> ppl who ask such questions can't read "DO NOT SEND BUGREPORTS OR COMPLAIN,
> it's *YOUR* fault!", they surely won't be able to read answers on their
> questions.

Even better, why not just automatically turn off asm assembly if
gcc-2.96 if found? Don't tell the user and don't force him to play any
games. I think that would remove these bugreports. Of course, for those
few people reading the docs it could be said there that asm
optimizations has been turned off automatically if you've used gcc-2.96
and that you are therefore suggested to get 2.95.x to see the full
potential of mplayer.

Fair enough?
--

André Dahlqvist <andre.dahlqvist at telia.com>