[MPlayer-users] QT Cinepak Decoding

Mike Melanson melanson at pcisys.net
Tue Oct 23 17:11:57 CEST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Arpi wrote:

> I know nothing about cvid details. and i won't do reverse engineering myself.

	If someone else did, however, and could provide the details...?

> > format, do you think you could write an open source implementation? How
> > about other formats, such as Sorenson video and QDesign audio?
> hehe :)
> you're dreaming...

	Be that as it may, does the infrastructure exist in MPlayer to
drop in arbitrary open source implementations of various codecs? Or is it
hardwired to only use binary codecs? A lot of the Linux media players fall
over in that area.

	-Mike Melanson