[MPlayer-users] Compiling in CYGWIN

clemenswaechter clemenswaechter at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 01:58:46 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > 	morn there!
> > > Ehmmm, I'm not a lawyer but what could happen when someday Arpi
> decided
> > > to spend holidays in USA? Remember Dmitry Sklyarov?
> > 	Hey, Arpi, never spend holidays in USA.
> ehh ok :)
> btw who was Dmitry Sklyarov and what heppaned?

Dmitry Skylarov ist a Russian who studied cryptography. He helped to write
an app which converts Adobe's secure eBook format to pdf which removes
certain restrictions which some bosses do not want to be removed.
I cant tell which they are (never got in touch with this stuff) but it has
something
to do whith copyrights and their protection (the well known DMCA)

He traveled to America and was arrested in Las Vegas for writing this
software.

If you want to know more about this:
http://jim2.freesklyarov.org/

So Arpi, never travel to the USA. They will always find a good reason to
arrest
open source program writers if they feel alike.

But I fear europe will become like USA if those people here as foolish in
the future as
they are now in the USA.
I've read in an article that there will be a DMCA in europe, too which is
very, very,
very bad. So lets try to avoid to live in europe, too.

Plus they (whoever they may be but they are powerfull) are considering a
law which
makes ISP's reliable for the internet content they are transmitting in
Germany.
This is also very bad and it seems really stupid for me.

I have a dream... I want to live in a world without lawyers.

Clemens