[MPlayer-users] Compiling in CYGWIN

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Oct 22 01:04:50 CEST 2001

Hi,

> 	morn there!
> > Ehmmm, I'm not a lawyer but what could happen when someday Arpi decided
> > to spend holidays in USA? Remember Dmitry Sklyarov?
> 	Hey, Arpi, never spend holidays in USA.
ehh ok :)
btw who was Dmitry Sklyarov and what heppaned?

> 	BTW, I'm not sure that m$ and other "let's-make-everyone-paying-us-money"
> guys are not interested in mplayer till it's under linux.  gnu/linux is most
> dangerous things for these guys, so...
Yes, i thought the same. but it seems they are not interested...
there are many things exists for linux which shouldn't exists, but i've
never heard any linux project forced by bigs to stop/change development.
for example there is gnutella... napster was closed.
many projects already so .asf read/write. when virtualdub get asf reader
it was forced to remove. avifile has it for a year, and there is asfgrab too
to get files...
and what about dll loading stuff? and wine?

i see 2 possible reason why aren't they interested
- they say: linux is game... leave the children play.
- these programs are free - they can do nothing with them in laws

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu