[MPlayer-users] wrong audio chanell and subtitles on DVD playback

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Thu Oct 18 05:19:17 CEST 2001

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> On Thursday, 18. October 2001 03:56, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:
> >
> >  When I try to play a dvd whose default language is english I get some
> > other language with mplayer. For example in Sweet November dvd I got
> > Italics. Is there a way to tell mplayer the audio language to choose?
> >
> RTFM (-aid)

 This option IS NOT mentioned in the man page. I think it should. I
assumed that there might be an -aid option since there is an -sid option
and so I tried with -aid and no sound was the result. (I have posted more
info on this)

> >  When I try to tell mplayer to use a subtitle from the dvd it doesn't. I
> > give for examle -sid 1 and the movie plays normally but without subtitles.
> >
> dvd subtitles not yet supported (also RTFM)

 Man page says that this is an experimental feauture. It doesn't work for
me and I send you a bug report. Don't you like bug reports? I'm just
trying to help you (actually myself).

 Why don't you put RTFM in the lines that the mailing list software
appends at the end of each message? Seems that RTFM is a constant answer
and as such there is no point in giving it.