[MPlayer-users] QT/MOV support

Kjetil Torgrim Homme kjetilho at linpro.no
Thu Oct 11 00:55:35 CEST 2001

Jason Radford <jradford at iconimaging.net> writes:

> > If we ever support sorenson, it will be rewritten from scratch,
> > similar way to ffdivx.
>
> Gotcha.
>
> That is unfortunate because currently thanks to your wonderful
> mplayer that seems the only movie file I cannot play.

You can run the Windows Quicktime player in Wine.  For USD 20
CodeWeavers sell a package to avoid the hassle of setting up Wine out
of CVS HEAD :-).

I can play just about anything on my computer now, that is very nice.

> I know there's alot of talk about it on other lists because they
> refuse to release the specs at all, so I guess it will have to be
> reverse engineered.

I think it is better to spend the energy on making a good free codec
like Ogg Vorbis or OpenDivX.  (I guess SPARC and Mac owners may
disagree.)

Kjetil T.