[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.50 on sparc solaris 8

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Oct 10 21:50:05 CEST 2001

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:16:46 +0200 "Rojek, Tomasz" <Tomasz.Rojek at siemens.pl> wrote:

> in documentation I have installed full mLib package from Sun, and then
> Solaris 2.8 Sparc gcc-2.95.3-sol8-sparc-local.gz package from

I know, there are already a lot replies, but here my 2 c:

put /usr/local/bin into your $PATH (best in a .cshrc or .bashrc)
or use ./configure -cc=/usr/local/bin/gcc
A little advice: install sdl in a current version too
(ie compile it yourself), there is something in the sun audio
code that it doesnt always works. Couldnt nail it down yet
because of the lack of hardware.

And I'm quite sure that the sunpro cc will not compile mplayer
(though never tested it)

		Attila Kinali
--
"Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained."