[MPlayer-users] MPlayer looks great, and I wonder

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Oct 10 21:42:17 CEST 2001

On 10 Oct 2001 00:23:24 -0400 John LeSueur <rjl26 at email.byu.edu> wrote:

> I'm sure this question has already been asked, but I tried giving
> mplayer an http://something.asx, and mplayer said ASX file parsing not
> yet implemented.  Obviously it's something that's being considered, and
> I just wondered if there's already something in development for this
> type of streaming.

It's implemented (musst be enabled at compile time, RTFM for this)
but is currently broken. Use the wget hack instead.
But be aware, the current buffer code is not perfect,
you need a fast enough server with a garanted bandwith.

		Attila Kinali

--
"Though a program be but three lines long,
someday it will have to be maintained."