[MPlayer-users] Help! XFree86 4.1.0 crashing when...

war war at starband.net
Mon Oct 8 17:26:40 CEST 2001

I installed XFree86-4.1.0 (glibc 2.2.2) binaries.

When I use aviplay or mplayer to play a DivX, it will crash the
X server.
When I play an MPEG or WMV with mplayer its fine.

When I attempt to play a DivX as any user it will crash.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
I've recompiled the applications and still have the same problem with
any DivX file.

The weird part is, when I play a DivX with xine, it plays it OK.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Please let me know!
Thanks!

My system information is listed below: