[MPlayer-users] rant

Guillaume Rousse rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr
Mon Oct 8 15:45:27 CEST 2001

Ainsi parlait Dariusz Pietrzak :
> > try-to-find-the-correct-word game. It's childish, and it break
> > automatized
>
> Hmm, AFAIK this is standard procedure in debian that makes people think
> before they do something wrong automatically.
> This is obviously the case.
> "Yes I know exactly what I'm doing"
> "Yes, I am completely sure that's what I want to do"
First, if this could be justified for system-dangerous manipulation, but this
has nothing to do : at worst, program won't work.
Second, making it interactive make you use tricks for bypassing it, whereas
another --really-disable-gcc-checking would have just been irritating.
Last, why such a sudden change between a pre-release and a release ?
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html