[OLD-Mplayer-users] Re: Re: [Mplayer-users] Subtitles - iconv implemented

Adam Tla/lka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Fri Oct 12 08:12:56 CEST 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 05:33:21PM +0300, lanzz at lanzz.org wrote:
> how do you do the conversion? you need to specify both the codepage for
> the file and the codepage for the font, not only one cp.

It is simple:

Previously I added `-utf8' . Now with `-subcp cpname' I am just
recoding subtitles text after reading it from file from `cpname' to `UTF-8'
codepage and then setting internally `sub_utf8' flag to treat
the recoded text appropriately while in displaying function.
So as we see only one codepage should be specified.

No special font.desc is needed and what we want is:
 . working iconv(3) function in libc,
 . font file containing all chars we need.

Regards
--
 . .  Adam Tla/lka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
  )   System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
     PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl