[Mplayer-users] gui

Patrick Lane patrick.m.lane at csun.edu
Wed Oct 3 23:33:18 CEST 2001

Attila Kinali wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Oct 2001 08:14:50 -0700 Patrick Lane <patrick.m.lane at csun.edu> wrote:
>

>>    It probably would have taken you less time to type the steps then it
>>would have to type that blurb. Why not simply answer?
>>

>It's simple. You said you are new in the linux land.
>It means for me you need to learn how and where to
>search for inormations. First step are manpages and
>howtos, second mailinglist archives and then, if you
>checked all of them you ask in the mailinglist.
>
>I didnt meant to be rude, just wanted to guide
>you into the right direction.
>
>		Attila Kinali

I wasn't the one that needed help, I just noticed the post. For new
users, man pages can be completely overwhelming. I know when I was a
newbie, hell even now to some point, man pages and HOWTOs were nothing
but documents full of words I knew nothing about. It is a lot easier to
ask, and it isn't that hard to answer.

Let me put it this way...

It's easier to study how a car that has already been manufactured works
then to have to build the car to see how it works. Might not be the best
analogy to get my point across, but it'll have to do.

--Patrick