[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD audio problem (Marc Lavallée)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 29 01:30:02 CET 2001

Hi,

> > compile mplayer with libdvdread support (RTFM) and use the -dvd option
> > for direct playback, instead of playing the .vob files.
>
> DVD support IS compiled, and I was playing /dev/dvd, not the VOB files.
> But the problem is actually different: I played the fisrt VOB file without
>
> problem (I played the file, not /dev/dvd), then I noticed that where the
> sound stops when playing /dev/dvd is actually in the middle of this first
> VOB file. At first there's a short splash sequence, then a few seconds of
> black, then another splash sequence. The sound stop when it goes black.
> Again, the problem occurs when playing /dvd/dvd, not when playing VOBs.

you tried to play dvd menuis/splash stuf? it is not really our bug then.
they stopped audio stream for a while... so mplayer lost it.

> I using libdvdread 0.9.2, gcc-2.96, and no I won't use gcc-2.95...
ah. so forget what i answered above. gcc 2.96 users aren't supported here.
and it's because of gcc 2.96 bugs, not rassism or such thing.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu