[MPlayer-users] avi divx sound error on mplayer

Lionel Bouton Lionel.Bouton at free.fr
Wed Nov 21 22:59:21 CET 2001

tom wrote nonsense as usual:

>[...] Me I don't have a gripe with compiling source ... To tell you the truth
>I have compiled 25% of the software on this box. I like to read man
>pages,faq's howto's and so on.
>I just think your going to loose allot of new users do to the fact of
>not having binary packages. I know you have heard it before and before
>and you could give a sh*t less.
>
>One simple Question... just when Do you plan to have a binary ? ever
>thought of that question .Lets see its <never> right ?
>Now I will go back to just reading post and not replying to them

Did you notice MPlayer current version number ?
Do you have wmp v0.50 to show us ?
Did MPlayer developpers made a single promise ?
Did they say they plan world video player domination ?
Do you think they want to support users not even able to do "./configure
&& make && make install" ?

If you want binary packages and support for them go buy a distribution.
If MPlayer isn't on their package list, ask them to add it. For
technical reason already discussed here they'll refuse. The focus seems
to be on codec support and I fully support this. I don't need any
MPlayer developper to spend time on handling host capabilities.

BTW, if you want MPlayer architecture to be changed in order to support
features *you* request, why don't you shut up and start hacking ? You
know after compiling 25% of your software reading man pages, faq's,
howto's and so on, you should know enough on Makefiles, gcc, ld.so,
autoconf/automake to help the community.

>>>As for myself it compiled and the skins look great . Its just the new
>>>users you are sticking a nice big fat cock up in :)
>>>
>>And I gotta ask, now that I've been on the list a few days: Is all the
>>profanity a fashion statement, or didn't all your mommas teach you any
>>better?

Help yourself, start learning to express yourself without unneeded
keystrokes including multiple occurances of the same character, insults
or profanity.

--
 Lionel Bouton

-
"I wanted to be free, I opensourced my whole DNA code" Gyver, 1999.