[MPlayer-users] avi divx sound error on mplayer

D J Hawkey Jr hawkeyd at visi.com
Wed Nov 21 15:37:18 CET 2001

On Nov 21, at 09:18 AM, tom wrote:

> Arpi wrote:
> >
> > > I have mplayer-686 0.50-cvs20011114-1 and divx-codecs 20011018-1
> > > pkgs taken from http://marillat.free.fr/ unstable main
> >
> > haven't you RTFM?
> >
> > we DO NOT SUPPORT binary packages, and they are FORBIDDEN.
>
> Why is this ???? AHHHHHHH its because YOU fucking think a new beginner
> of linux from
> That other god damb OS Winfuck can compile configure and set up source
> just as you do ?
> Am i close here or is it that you want just want  to be a fucking prick
> ?

It's because the app has timing loops, code dependancies, etc., that are
closely tied to the CPU.

You maybe think a Pentium-I has all the features of a P-III? A binary
package may be built on a P-III, which supports MMX (and as such the
app is built with MMX), but your poor li'l ol' Pentium-I ain't gonna
do squat with it.

> As for myself it compiled and the skins look great . Its just the new
> users you are sticking a nice big fat cock up in :)

And I gotta ask, now that I've been on the list a few days: Is all the
profanity a fashion statement, or didn't all your mommas teach you any
better?

> Good Day
> Tom

Dave