[MPlayer-users] Assertion in libdvdread fails

Frank Boehme f.boehme at cs.ucc.ie
Thu Nov 8 11:58:21 CET 2001

Hi gang,

I compiled Mplayer on Mandrake 8.1. I enabled dvd support by using
libdvdread-0.9.2. When I play a dvd, it crashes in function

  ifoRead_C_ADT_internal

from

  libdvdread-0.9.2, ifo_read.c line 1154

which actually reads

  assert(info_length / sizeof(cell_adr_t) >= c_adt->nr_of_vobs);

This asertion fails. I generously commented it out and recompiled
libdvdread. Then, the movie played, but a huge number of frames were
dropped and from time to time the screen froze for a few seconds.

I am not an expert in DVD internals. Any ideas?

Could you please reply to my personal email, as I am on neither list (I
am involved in too many projects).

Thanks,

Frank