[MPlayer-users] offtopic: transforming mpeg to divx

Markus Sagebiel Sage at biel.com
Tue Nov 6 10:05:54 CET 2001

Hi Jason!

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Jason Lunz wrote:

> matija.grabnar at arnes.si said:
> > what do you use to transform large mpegs into divx? I tried using
> > mpeg2divx, but it uses libmpeg3, which is not BIGFILE safe: if the
> > input file is more than 2GB in size, mpeg2divx gets the wrong frame
> > count and creates a truncated file.
>
> have you looked at transcode?
>
> http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/
>
> Jason

mencoder does this at present time . type make mencoder :)
works great :)

--
Dipl.-Math.oec.Univ. Markus Sagebiel
Email: Sage at biel.com
ICQ.COM-UIN#13447105
Handy/Voice D2: +49(0)162  34 98 557
Voice2Email/Fax2Email Festnetz: +49(0)441  80 09 92 89 56
PGP
http://sagebiel.c4.to

Operating-System: Linux/2.2.19(i686)
Uptime:  10:05am up 34 min, 0 users, load average: 1.08, 0.56, 0.32