[MPlayer-users] Trouble with MS-Mpeg4 v3 [DivX ;-)] with MP43 fourcc code and odivx/divx4 codec

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Thu Nov 1 00:25:45 CET 2001

Hy,
I have an avi file that contains DivX ;-) video data. But the fourcc
states MP43 instead of DIV3. I want to use the odivx or divx4 codec. If
I change that it plays just fine otherwise the screen remains black.
(grey/green with other videosinks) I'm using the codec.conf from the
latest cvs. Any thoughts? Maybe an easy modification to codec.conf? I
think the fourcc code MP43 is used by mistake for this video and should
really be DIV3. Will there be any problems with other programms if I
just hexedit the fourcc in the header?
Alexander Werth

System:
gcc-3.0.2
(btw, it still can't compile the libavcodec on this cpu. i586
optimization is fine though. Everything else compiles and plays just
fine.)
K6-2 450Mhz
MPlayer-20011031