[Mplayer-users] bugreports,

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 15 20:37:13 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > Every bugreport is read, and (if not just a simple RTFM;) answered.
> > Well, what about my bugreport about DOCS/DEBIAN documentation?
> DEBIAN stuff isn't supported by the main team
true.

> (RTFM somewhere),
there is no file 'somewhere' in idegcounter release nor in current CVS... :))))
mayeb you forget to commit it :)

> Telenieko
> maintains it but he seems to be inactive, so is the DOCS/Spanish outdated.
true :(

I'm planning of remove the whole debian stuff, because it's VERY outdated
(setup.sh, and others).

> > also - it requires everyone to download latest CVS to check what's the
> > current status, and not everyone uses cvs or even have access to such
> > soft. And that's not what cvs is for.
> CVS snapshots are their friend.
yes.

> > And there is now way to acces this file via say http.
> http://mplayer.sourceforge.net/DOCS/BUGS
yes.

we should register www.rtfm.org and put these links there! :)

> > > Dunno, but methinks not.
> > Based on...?
> Based on I don't care :)
> And this system works well, IMHO.
agree.

> > > RTFM DOCS/BUGREPORTS line 19 ... we need your /proc/cpuinfo, not?
> > That's what I'm offering.
> So where is it? :)
:)

> > > Never.
> > Sometimes.
> > That's why I'm proposing using some ticketing system, sourceforge
> > offers such functionality.
> > That way anyone knows IF their report was lost in transport or maybe
> > reached it's destination but got marked as RTFM.
> But then we still have the chance to ignore them. :) So it's no simpler
> way, but on the contrary.
>
> And then what talk would go on this list?
about how to use the bugtracking system :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu