[Mplayer-users] Hey... buggy install? Full Screen?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 1 08:07:12 CEST 2001

On Dienstag,  1. Mai 2001 02:54 you wrote:
> I've hit the motherload!!! This player ROCKS... I've tried them all and
> this one definitely gets MY vote!
> Couple of questions though... I did the install "properly" I think...
> ../configure --prefix=/usr make make install...etc.. and it seems the
> make install "forgot" to copy some config files. Namely mplayer.config
After install a mplayer config is created under $HOME/.mplayer/config but you
are free to create /etc/mplayer.conf as a system wide configuration for all
users.
> (which I still have not found) and ~/.mplayer/codecs.config ... hmmm I
> fixed that ( Just a note though.. )
It's only under DOCS not installed, I alway though Arpi had a special reason
not to copy it, maybe not... :)

> Another question... how do I get teh player into full screen ( onto the
> root window? ) no borders etc... THANX
That depends much on the output driver used, if you are using xv (-vo xv) you
may use the -fs switch, for x11 with installed X modeswitching extension
(XF86VM) you may use -vo x11 -vm otherwise use -vo x11 -fs, if you use SDL
driver you can use -vm -zoom -fs switches with different behaviour (-fs
fullscreen with scaling, no modechange; -vm modeswithcing without scaling;
-zoom modeswitching with scaling) for the sdl driver of you choice (-sdl
<drivername>) or simply startup with sdl out and use F key to switch to
fullscreen and C to cycle between available fullscreenmodes. (this info can
also be found in DOCS/SDL)

> AND IF YA DEVELOPERS ARE LISTENING... :GREAT JOB!!!!
Thanx! =)

--
Best Regards,
   Felix