[Mplayer-users] mplayer archives in .bz2 !

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Mar 20 01:47:59 CET 2001

Hi,

>      I have a problem because in cannot uncompress (with bunzip2 or other
>      bzip decompressor) the archive files, which version of bzip are you
>      using ? where can I get it ? or can you zip with gzip instead ?

root at astral:~# bunzip2 --version
bzip2, a block-sorting file compressor.  Version 1.0.0, 16-May-2000.

   Copyright (C) 1996-2000 by Julian Seward.

Maybe you downloaded the files in ASCII mode? So they are damaged....

I've just tested it from http://mplayer.sourceforge.net/snapshots/
and it uncompress well with bunzip2 from this very old Slackware 7.0.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu