[Mplayer-users] fibmap weirdness

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Jun 27 21:13:19 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 02:45:26PM -0400, Jason Lunz wrote:
> horne at interop.net said:
> > [root at drgeoff /root]# mplayer -dvdauth /dev/dvd \
> >                               /mnt/cdrom/video_ts/vts_01_0.vob
> > SOO - IS  there a problem with the ioctls in me kernel ?? (i /thought/ the
> > DVD patches were in the 2.4 release) or is something else bad ?
>
> is the cdrom mounted iso9660 or udf? I haven't tried with iso9660, but
> you'd probably get errors like that if the iso9660 filesystem didn't
> implement FIBMAP. I don't know if it does. udf works.

I've got kernel 2.2.19 with iso9660 fs only. FIBMAP works without problems.
Check that file if it is non-zero length (eg: "The Matrix" contains
zero length VOB files as well) They cannot be played of course (and they
haven't got starting sector since no data blocks for that file only
directory entry)

--
 --[ Gábor Lénárt ]---[ Vivendi Telecom Hungary ]---------[ lgb at lgb.hu ]--
 U have 8 bit comp or chip of them and it's unused or to be sold? Call me!