[Mplayer-users] fibmap weirdness

Geoff Horne horne at interop.net
Wed Jun 27 21:13:46 CEST 2001

Jason Lunz wrote:

> horne at interop.net said:
> > [root at drgeoff /root]# mplayer -dvdauth /dev/dvd \
> >                               /mnt/cdrom/video_ts/vts_01_0.vob
> > SOO - IS  there a problem with the ioctls in me kernel ?? (i /thought/ the
> > DVD patches were in the 2.4 release) or is something else bad ?
>
> is the cdrom mounted iso9660 or udf? I haven't tried with iso9660, but
> you'd probably get errors like that if the iso9660 filesystem didn't
> implement FIBMAP. I don't know if it does. udf works.

iso:
/mnt/cdrom on /mnt/cdrom type supermount (rw,fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom)

you're right - that fixes it, but now I have problems reading some of the
VOB files...
DVD title key is: 3EBC577FCE
DVD auth sequence seems to be OK.
Not MPEG System Stream format... (maybe Transport Stream?)
============= Sorry, this file format not recognized/supported
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author!
===

I'll work on it...

  Geoff Horne                     http://www.interop.com
  iLabs Senior Engineer           http://www.ilabs.interop.net
  "Don't take life too seriously, you don't get out of it alive anyway"
                               Burt Ward