[Mplayer-users] Resolution problems.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jun 18 16:01:08 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I have an ATI Rage Mobility 128 M4.
>
> 1. When I launch mplayer under X11 (4.0.3) I cannot see the divx movie
> wanted. I just have some bad lines in the high of my screen. Why ?
Because you used the framebuffer driver, instead of x11 or xv
(see -vo x11, -vo xv options, and RTFM DOCS/VIDEOCARDS README FAQ etc)

> 2. When I launch mplayer on a single console (not under X11) I can see my
> movie but only with a little resolution (in a little part of my 1600x1200
> screen). I would like to see it in a full screen !!!
you can't, because fbdev can't do scaling.

if you want full screen, change video mode to match your movie size,
or use the Xv driver (do you have the GATOS driver installed for X 4.0.x?)
with -vo xv unser X. It supports hardware scaling.
Or use SDL with software scaling (slow like hell and ugly, too)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu