[Mplayer-users] Problem with MP4 file.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 17 22:55:14 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >I've never seen mpeg4 streams, so it isn't yet supported. I'll download
> >the file above, and check how it differs from mpeg1/2 streams.
> Great.
Checked. It's Quicktime MOV file format! (check it with TOOLS/movinfo)
And it has mp4a and mp4v streams _encapsulated_.
This is why mplayer can't recognize/demultiplex it.
(qt/mov not yet supported)

I think it's unplayable with opendivx codec, because it isn't fully
mpeg4 compliant (doesn't support B frames etc).
But I'll try _when_ support for MOV files will be added (soon...).

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu