[Mplayer-users] dvd: ac3 sigill bug

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 17 13:58:30 CEST 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:47:42 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> > It's either a CS4616/4622/4624 (don't know the exact type)
> > I use alsa (0.5.11)
> use alsa 0.9, it has MUCH better buffering code!!!
> what mplayer -ao driver are you using? oss or native alsa?

OSS, alsa5 doesn't work

--- mplayer -ao alsa5 ---
alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 2 channels, Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: CS461x
alsa-init: error setting parameters: Invalid argument
couldn't open/init audio device -> NOSOUND
---schnapp----
But it's sure something with my system, so don't bother with this

Did something change in the audio code over night ?
(couldn't see anything in the Changelog). Because it works
now w/o any problems (with the demuxer.h from cvs).

			Attila Kinali

--
POINTER: A sort of dog which always seems to know which way the data went.