[Mplayer-users] Picture distorsion when using MMX

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 17 02:43:07 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > (stepping 0, so without mtrr) CPU and it works rather fine. But I can't
> > use it for vide playback, because all Windows-DLL produce video out with
> > completely broken picture. Color stripes (often pink...) and even worse
> I have sometimes strange pink effects when using -hardframedrop on divx
> files using directshow. Check it.

As I said many many times, IT IS NORMAL.

-hardframedrop doesn't worry about decoding keyframes. it simply skips
everything (so no picture at all or bad pcture) if required.
it isn't for end-users for everyday usage. it's for testing purposes.

Gabucino, please remove it from ALL docs.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu