[Mplayer-users] Bug report: xv/xmga output to interlaced screan

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Jun 11 00:01:11 CEST 2001

Hi,

Has anyone tried xv or xmga output to an interlaced X mode?

I get an effect where the video output is distorted to double-height, with
the top line "double" down the screen.  (IE - if the video should start on
line 10 in actually shows from line 20.)

When I say double height, only the top half of the video actually appears
- I presume because that's where the chroma-key colour stops.

I made this change in vo_xmga.c by way of an experiment:

#ifdef SLD
	 // My test version
         mga_vid_config.x_org=drwcX;
         mga_vid_config.y_org=drwcY>>1;
         mga_vid_config.dest_width=drwWidth;
         mga_vid_config.dest_height=drwHeight>>1;
#else
	 // Original
         mga_vid_config.x_org=drwcX;
         mga_vid_config.y_org=drwcY;
         mga_vid_config.dest_width=drwWidth;
         mga_vid_config.dest_height=drwHeight;
#endif

This was just a test, of course.  And it does seem to fix or at least
compensate for the problem.  I'm not sure if it is an actual fix or
whether 1/2 the lines are lost in the process.

Any ideas on where to look and what might be causing this problem?

Steve