[Mplayer-users] Bug report (#1)

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Sun Jun 10 23:52:22 CEST 2001

Hi A'rpi and others,

I notice that seeking back and forth doesn't work right past 2GB into a
file.

I store my video on to an xfs partition.  I have a file that is...

-rw-r--r--    1 steve    steve    4529532735 Jun 10 05:15 gcse-history.mpg

This is 2 hours of mpeg1 video, captured using mp1e and V4L2.

Seeking only works to around 1 hour into this file; so presumably 2^31 is
the limit?

I see in stream.[ch] longs used for the position.  I suppose the fix is
just the use of long long's for these positions rather than ordinary
longs?  I'm happy to fix this myself - just want to check I'm not
misunderstanding or on the wrong track.

Thanks,
Steve