[Mplayer-users] bugs?

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Tue Jul 31 21:16:50 CEST 2001

Am Dienstag, 31. Juli 2001 20:47 schrieben Sie:
> > Cool! I'll try when my download is completed. Now, since my movie had a
> > broken index and wasn't repaired by DivXFix either (crap of a program!),
> > is it possible to save the created index somehow? Or attach it to the
> > AVI (perhaps even replacing the old one?) That mplayer would not have to
> > build it the next time again, because that's a rather slow process
> > here...
>
> yes, it's possible 2 way:
> 1. fixing the avi file itself (doing the same as divfix)
>    -> isn't usefull if you check a file while downloading :(

No, it has to be (very) optional, of course.

> 2. saving index table to a new file (1-4 megz for an average 700mb avi)
>    and adding a new mplayer option to load it (or automatically find
>    filename+.idx ?)

Doesn't sound too bad. However, I still have a problem with the file: It
plays for 3 or 4 minutes (after -idx skipping there is possible), then stops
with message  "file doesn't contain the selected audio or video stream"

I know the file is broken, but: Is this repairable?

gruel

-----------------------
Start playing...
[xv] dcx: 0 dcy: 0 dx: 0 dy: 0 dw: 800 dh: 577
[xv-fs] dcx: 0 dcy: 130 dx: 0 dy: 130 dw: 800 dh: 340
Initial PTS delay: -6.264 sec  (calculated: 0.011)
demux: file doesn't contain the selected audio or video stream  0%  0.0% 9065

Exiting... (End of file)

Christoph Lampert, gruel at gmx.de

"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches. That's the way that the license works." - Steve Balmer

"Epsilon < 0" - chl