[Mplayer-users] bugs?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 31 20:47:16 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > 2. some big files doesn't play with -idx / -forceidx
> > >    (cannot load dll / segfault)
> > >    is it solved?
> >
> > Sorry for not comming back to you right away, but actually I had deleted
> > the movie that didn't play when I got a working version of it. I managed
> > to get the broken one back and checked it. Well done :) It works for me.
>
> Cool! I'll try when my download is completed. Now, since my movie had a
> broken index and wasn't repaired by DivXFix either (crap of a program!),
> is it possible to save the created index somehow? Or attach it to the
> AVI (perhaps even replacing the old one?) That mplayer would not have to
> build it the next time again, because that's a rather slow process here...

yes, it's possible 2 way:
1. fixing the avi file itself (doing the same as divfix)
   -> isn't usefull if you check a file while downloading :(
2. saving index table to a new file (1-4 megz for an average 700mb avi)
   and adding a new mplayer option to load it (or automatically find
   filename+.idx ?)

impelmentation:
1. is hard, i have to make proper avi header parser/rebuilder stuff.
   i'll do it later, for encoding, but now i have no time for it.
2. simple, just 10min hack to get it work with new switch.
   (autodetect stuff is a bit more)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu