[Mplayer-users] black borders and osd/sub

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 25 18:03:03 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > 2. It's tricky to do the memset with YUV images cause 0 is grey (or
> > was it green) and not black, black has another code which need a not
> > trivial method and to do this normal memset would be imho to slow
> > cause you would have to do two memsets per pixel, another option for
> > this would be to initialise the blackbars bitmap in another memoryarea
> > and do a memcopy to the surface very time.
>
> What about storing which area is used by the OSD/Subs and only
> resetting this part ? This would limit the bandwith but increases
> the the computational expense and the diffculty of code.
Yes, this is my plan, but it requires reworking of many code.
I have to rewrite OSD/SUB stuff after libvo2, so i'll do it so.
I don't want to spend time with it now.

> And I dont know if it could be just one function for all vo methods
> (don't know the differences of those at all)
currently every vo driver has it own osd code. with libvo2 it will be
common.

as libvo2 solves most of those problems by default i don't see any sense
working and hacking libvo1 for these.

i just need some days to get libvo2 working.
but i don't have nowdays, sorry :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu