[Mplayer-users] small changes to MPlayer-20010723

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 25 14:29:16 CEST 2001

Hello Attila,

Wednesday, July 25, 2001, 10:08:35 AM, you wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 08:45:20 +0200 Adam Tla/lka <atlka at pg.gda.pl> wrote:

>> Next, what's about an idea of displaying subtitles below the film rectangle.
>> We would see all of the film picture and subtitles wolud be more visible
>> on the black border. Especially in fullscreen mode we have free space on the
>> screen and if we place film window at the top left corner of the screen
>> we could place subtitles just below the film window.

> i would suggest different modes:

> 1) place the picture in the middle, black borders at the top and the bottom
> 2) place the picture at the top, black border at the bottom

> Additionally to this an option for positioning the subs

> But this rises an important question:
> Do the black borders need to be transfered again and again ?
> Or can they set once and never again ?

I've already started on that with sdl out once, it's quite tricky:
1. Memory bandwidth increases up to 50% cause black bars need to be
redrawed with osd, or otherwise osd will "smear" (old osd text not
cleared)
2. It's tricky to do the memset with YUV images cause 0 is grey (or
was it green) and not black, black has another code which need a not
trivial method and to do this normal memset would be imho to slow
cause you would have to do two memsets per pixel, another option for
this would be to initialise the blackbars bitmap in another memoryarea
and do a memcopy to the surface very time.
--
Best regards,
 Felix                            mailto:atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net